|Plywood type||interior or exterior|
|Glue||urea, melamine or phenolic|
|Moisture (%)||5 – 12|
|Apparent density (kg/m³)||approx. 610|
|Bending strength (MPa)||along the fibres||50 – 60|
|across the fibres||30 – 45|
Pine Plywood I
Wood features: On surface of veneers can occur a slight variation of colour, sound and bright knots, completely fused or partially fused small knots. A very small number of open cracks can occur if their filling is proper.
Production defects: Narrow cracks can occur, they are seasoned with putty and by wood inserts of similar colour, according to the PN-EN 635-2 norm.
Pine Plywood II
Wood features: On the surface of veneers there are visible resin excess and a slight variation in color. Blue stains, kelp and hard rottenness can appear in the limited size. In this quality class can occur putty-filled, decayed knots, and a small amount of open cracks, resin pockets and bark beetle (Hylastes).
Production defects: On a part of surface can occur small roughness, small recesses, prints and bulgings. Glue breakthrough are permissible, if occur in small quantity. Filled open joints, overlays and inserts can occur sporadically. According to the PN-EN 635-2 norm.
Pine Plywood III
Wood features: Resin excess of veneers is unlimited. Resin pockets, blue stains, kelp and hard rottenness can appear in a larger number can appear. There appear large sound knots, putty-filled and spoiled knots. There can appear closed cracks and limited number of open cracks. Small number of larval passages is permissible. Wood design defects and discolorations, which do not cause damage of wood, are permissible.
Production defects: Roughness and overpolishing can appear on the plywood surface. Larger putty-filled cracks are permissible. Small number of open unfilled joints is permissible. Small number of glue breakthrough and defects of board edges caused by polishing or filing. Unlimited number of inserts.
Pine plywood is the board glued from uneven number of veneers, the fibres of which in layers adjacent to each other run under a right angle. Upon the client’s request we can apply a different design, e. g. all the layers running parallel to each other, thanks to that we obtain greater bending strength.
We produce plywood as follows:
– standard – combi plywood (external veneers – pine, internal layers – any type of wood)
– of special construction
– of special design and quality of internal layers (e. g. pine plywood in full cross section, or full internal layers (for milling) etc.)
Upon a special order, we can process or refine the plywood. More information in the section: Machining.
Pine plywood is produced in accordance with the obligatory norms and has got the required certificates.
Due to its properties the pine plywood is applied in many branches. Among others, in the below mentioned:
- upholstered furniture (construction and decorative elements)
- prefab/skeleton furniture, box-packed furniture (rear walls, side walls, front panels, shelves, drawers, school furniture – benches, chairs, stools, etc.)
- wood gallantry (flower shelves, shelves, racks, carpentry tables, workbenches, tables for sewing machines, drawing boards, feeders, cages, etc.)
- building woodwork (external and internal doors, shutters, doorframes, windowsills and others)
- musical instruments
- stairs, stair risers
- passenger transport, cargo transport, railway transport, tramways, campings (e. g. panellings of walls, ceilings, floors, decorative elements)
- on the ships, sailboats (e. g. panellings of walls, ceilings, floors, decorative elements)
- partition walls, base for the roof covering, building of attics, panelling and others.
- carrier for wood flooring/parquets in sports halls.
|Format (mm)||2500 x 1250, 1250 x 2500|
|Thickness (mm)||4||5||6||7 (6,5)||8||9||10||12||15||18||21||24|
|Number of layers